The Rules of Marriages are Changing in India

Published: 24th October 2011
Views: N/A

Court Marriage India are also called civil marriages and are solemnized under Special Marriage Act. This Act provides the procedure for court marriages in India. The rules provided under this Act for court marriage applies to inter-religion marriages as well.

Procedure required to be followed is:
1)Both the parties should have attain the legal of marriage and have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
2) After the expiration of thirty days form the date on which notice of an intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized, unless it has been objected to by any person.
3) Three witnesses are required to be present at the time of solemnization of marriage.
The fact that divorce rates are on the increase doesn't worry me too much. As said earlier, people are still getting re-married. But the way I see it is that increasing divorce rates are just a part of the early reactions to the phenomenon of liberalisation of the new Indian thought process. After years of suppression, we, as a nation, are suddenly discovering that we have the power of choice. So we make our choice more consciously today. However, some of us, intoxicated by this sense of personal empowerment, tend to go over the top a little.
A marriage which has already been solemnized can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Janis or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
Every petition under the Act shall be accompanied by a certified copy of the entry relating to the marriage in question in the Hindu Marriage Register maintained under Section 8 of the Act, where such marriage has been registered under the Act. Every petition for divorce on any grounds, mentioned in clauses (i) and (ii) of Section 13 (1A). of the Act1 shall be accompanied by a certified copy of the decree for judicial separation or for restitution of conjugal rights, as the case may be.
The Court shall send a certified copy of every decree for divorce or nullity or dissolution of marriage to the Registrar of Marriages in charge of the Hindu Marriage Register, if any. Appeals to the High Court from the decree and orders of the District Court shall be posted before a Bench of two Judges. Such appeals shall be governed by the rules of the High Court, Appellate Side, as far as they may be applicable.

Dheeraj , for information on Registered Marriage, Marriage Registered, Marriage Bureau, Love Marriage,Court Marriage, Marriage Registration and Hindu Marriage Registration.Please visit our site :

Report this article Ask About This Article

More to Explore